CSI Literacy Kit: Red (Year 8)
Frustrated by the range of reading levels in your class? Want to teach reading strategies every student can use, no matter their level?
Inside the Red CSI Literacy kit is a programme that will help you explicitly teach your whole class to read in a digital shared reading lesson that is fun for everyone. You’ll find out–
- Why dolphins are important to the military
- Whether an ancient death ray could really set ships on fire
- How a maggot can help heal you
Digital shared reading lessons are provided in hardcopy (CD ROM or USB, as well as in a Texts for Shared and Modelled Reading book) but are now available online for quick and easy access.
CSI Literacy kits will help you develop strategic and capable readers and thinkers.
This year-level kit offers engaging, short, complex informational and fiction texts.
- 40+ whole-group shared reading texts
- 40 co-operative activity texts with audio support
- Graphic organisers for individual reflection
- Lesson plans
- Assessment rubrics
A school-wide site licence and 30 online Reflection Journals are free with every kit purchase.
Teaching purpose: Whole group
Fiction/nonfiction: Fiction and nonfiction
Year level: 8
Subject: Language arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, English Language Learning, Writing
Format: Paperback and CD ROM, USB or online texts